Dr. Casey Crafton • (410) 381-5030
Pediatric Cleanings & Exams
Digital X-rays Advantages
The Happy Visit
Professional cleanings performed by a hygienist are just as important to your child’s dental health as daily brushing and flossing. Using specialized tools and training, your child’s hygienist will:
• Remove plaque build-up from the surfaces of teeth. (Bacteria in the mouth form plaque, which collects on teeth and causes decay, gum disease, and gingivitis.)
• Remove tartar from teeth surfaces. (Tartar, or calculus, is plaque that has become so hardened on the teeth that its removal requires special procedures.)
• Remove surface stains from teeth through polishing.
• Offer individualized guidance on the best home care for your child's preventive regimen.
Regular examinations help detect and prevent dental health issues before they become serious. Routine dental check-ups help catch problems when they are small and easier to treat. Left unattended, small treatable problems may become worse and may require more extensive procedures to repair. Dental examinations in our office generally include the following:
• Visual and laser tooth decay evaluation
• Visual gum examination
• Digital X-ray examination to detect: tooth decay,developing teeth
Regular examinations are very important for your health. Remember, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." –Benjamin Franklin
X-rays are a primary tool for early identification of dental problems. Detecting issues with X-rays before they become problematic can save your child from unnecessary discomfort or pain. X-rays are primarily used to detect:
• Internal tooth decay
• Teeth that are still coming in
Digital X-rays Advantages
Digital X-rays have several advantages over traditional film based X-rays:
• Emit up to 90% less radiation
• Are ready for examination instantaneously
• Can be viewed on a computer screen
• Can be refined and enlarged
• Are greener; no chemicals are necessary for processing
The Happy Visit: Now this can't help but make you smile!
We encourage all children who are new to our practice, whether other family members are already patients or not, to come visit us for an introduction to our office. This offer for a free tour and introduction to our staff is also extended to "Kids at Heart" of all ages. Please call to schedule a Happy Visit during regular office hours.
Check out this fun and informative website: ADA for Kids
Landing Home | Home | About | Reviews | Preventive | Restorative | Cosmetic | Invisalign® | Patients | Contact | Home | Patient Reviews | About Us | Dentistry for Kids | Orthodontics | Patients | Blog | Contact Us | Lisa Crafton, DDS | Meet Our Team | Tour Our Office | Technology | Green Office | Infection Control | Cleanings & Exams | Dental Cavities | Gum Disease | Brushing & Flossing | Oral Cancer Screening | Holistic Dentistry | Porcelain Veneers | Dental Bonding | Zoom Whitening | Smile Transformations | Bridges & Crowns | Clenching & Grinding | Crown Lengthening | Dental Implants | Fillings | Root Canals | TMJ Therapy | Wisdom Teeth | Nitrous Oxide | Patient Forms | Office Policies | BLOG | FAQs | Current Specials | Casey Crafton, DDS | Meet Our Team | Technology | Tour Our Office | Green Office | Infection Control | Patient Forms | Office Policies | Dental FAQs | Current Specials | First Visit | Preventive Care | Sealants | Sports & Mouthguards | Concussion Safety | Nitrous Oxide | Dental Emergencies | Kids Corner | FAQs with Dr. Casey Crafton | Early Treatment | Braces | Proper Care | Orthodontic Terms | Orthodontic Emergencies | Before & After Gallery | Testimonials | Video Testimonials | Video Testimonials | Testimonials